Before the Works Commence on Site:
- Preparation of budget estimates for the proposed works.
- Advice on tendering procedures and contractual arrangements for appointing contractors and specialists.
- Liaison with project team on cost and value engineering.
- Assistance in selection of suitable contractors and specialists.
- Assistance in documentation preparation and placing orders for any long lead-in items, including novation agreements.
- Preparation of tender (bid) documentation for contractors and specialists.
- Analysis of tenders returned and preparation of reports recommending contractors for appointment, budget and programme for client approvals.
- Preparation of contract documentation for completion between successful contractors and client.
- Preparation of cash flow forecasts for payments to contractors.
- Agreeing cost report format required.
- Agreeing contractors and specialists' payment terms and valuing any complete works as necessary before delivery to site.
- Regular cost checks throughout the above process.
When the Works are On-Site:
- Valuation of contractors and specialists' works.
- Processing payments.
- Preparation of regular cost reports on anticipated final account for projects.
- Measurement and valuation of any variations.
- Preparation and recommendation on final accounts for contractors and specialists, including finalising all contractual agreements.